One Paragraph: Growing as a Christ Follower
If you think you are ready to expand your Bible reading journey, this plan is 6 months. In it, you will read through the New Testament. You can use this plan for as along as you need.
Tips for the journey
- Set aside about 30 minutes every day.
- Before you start reading, pray and ask God to give you one word, a phrase or a mental picture while you read.
- As you read, circle, underline, or highlight words in your Bible that connect with you.
- Read slowly, without rushing. If you have time, read the chapter again a second time.
- Bible reading is not just about using the intellectual part of your mind; the Bible comes alive when you read it with your imagination and the creative part of your mind.
- When you finish reading, write down one word, sentence or mental picture followed by a few sentences, one paragraph, reflecting on what God gave to you.
- End your time with God by saying a simple prayer for the day ahead.