ONE WORD: Beginning the Journey of Growth
This is a 90 day Bible Reading Journey. In those 90 day, you will read through the four biographies Jesus, the four Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. You may want to do this journey several times to help you better understand the life, teachings, death and resurrection of Jesus.
Tips for the journey
- Set aside about 15 min each day. Pick a consistent time place, and try to stick to it, so that it becomes part of your daily routine.
- Before you start reading, pray and ask God to give you one word while you read.
- Read slowly, without rushing. If you have time, read the chapter again a second time.
- As you read, circle, underline, or highlight words in your Bible that connect with you.
- Bible reading is not just about using the intellectual part of your mind; the Bible comes alive when you read it with your imagination and the creative part of your mind.
- When you finish reading, write down one word (or type it in your phone) that connected with you. Keep this word with you in your wallet, purse, or pocket, so that it’s with you throughout the day.
- End your time with God by saying a simple prayer and ask God to show you why that word is so important for you.